If you were over at Mike Duran’s and part of the conversation about the drop-off in church attendance I made (a tacky) reference to my own past writings on the subject. Here they are.
1. My Problem With Youth Ministries Pretty much as described.
2. Why People Don’t Go To Church A few of the top reasons I’ve gleaned from discussion on the topic with former, now embittered, church attenders.
3. At Least No Wives Have Yet Been Set On Fire. A discussion on the nature and cause of church splits and their effect on children growing up in the church community.
4. Mega-churches Part II A short (very) discussion about the effect of Mega churches on modern church culture.
5. A List For Modern Worship Leaders. A controversial post where I express some frustration with my experience with worship leaders of multiple churches of late. Several commenters take this criticism as a sort of betrayal of the faith as a whole.
6. Is Christianity Too Insular? More of a discussion on the structure of the culture of the faith. But with church implications
7. Dear Churches In America A discussion about church finances during the recession
There are more, but these, I think, are the key posts in my mind.