I’m not making any, but I figured I should write some type of post to round out 2007. The closest thing I have to a 2008 Resolution is the plan to clean up and reorganise my home office space. As I look at my desk now I see:
- -a dusty lamp
- -a collection of cds with games and Christmas music
- -a hospital bill I just paid
- -a thank you note from my dad for some work I did for him 2 years ago
- -some expired pizza hut coupons
- -a half-empty bottle of nail polish remover (Oh look. I’m a pessimist by nature. It would have been cheerier if I said “half-full”)
- -a half-used cube of Winnie The Pooh Memo Paper which now looks creepy. I’ve used just enough pages to make it look like Pooh is beheaded as he floats among the bees and balloons
- -an empty Griffin TuneBuds package
- -my iPod Touch
- -a pack of Orbitz Bubble Gum with 3 sticks left
- -a plastic spoon I use to scratch my back
- -a bottle cap for Boylan’s Cherry soda
So you can see that I need to do some general housecleaning. I find messes comforting, but my husband finds them annoying. Since I like being married to this specific person I’d better clean up.
Oh, yeah. I did get an iPod Touch for Christmas. Although I don’t like to use my blog to tout purchases, I will use the blog to tout a wonderful husband who bought it for me. I realised this Christmas, though, that we’ve been together for a really long time. (Our 19th anniversary of our first date was 2 months ago.) The poor guy kept my present a secret for months, but inadvertantly gave it away on our drive to Indiana. I was telling him that for some reason my iPod wasn’t charging on my Mac’s firewire connection. His response: “I wouldn’t worry about it.” Now, that right there told me I was getting a new iPod for Christmas. He’s far too kind and caring and if I weren’t getting an iPod he would have responded with a long list of things we could do to fix the charging issue. When you’ve been with someone for almost two decades you start to pick up on nuances like that.
My other plan for 2008 is to get myself back in some kind of working order. As it stands right now the arthritis is much worse in my hands, is growing steadily worse in my elbows and has now cost me the use of my left knee. I’ll be going to see this man about my problems next Monday. I’m kinda freaked out about seeing a specialist who is younger than I am, but I guess that had to happen eventually. Although at this point I’d see Doogie Howser if it meant fixing my pain.