I had several random thoughts today, which would be better suited to Twitter. Except I can’t be bothered to open my Twitter account. I miss the friends who have migrated over that way, but when I try to read it I get anxiety attacks. You can’t avoid politics on Twitter, really.
But I need somewhere to say these things and get them off my chest. So back to the blog it is, even though none of these is earth-shattering.
- I think pinecones look like pieces of poo. I can’t ever stand when people decorate with them because there you are looking at beautiful greenery and ribbons and candles and then–VOILA!–a prickly piece of dried feces is sticking out of it all. On a related note, I should probably throw away my Christmas issue of Good Housekeeping.
- I’ve written before about how some people on the Facebook games find stealing fun and others find it annoying or bothersome or wrong. On an interesting (to me only, perhaps) note, I’m starting to notice that it’s as much a sociocultural thing as individual preference. The folks from the Pan-Asian countries seem to get the biggest hoot out of stealing and causing injury to neighbours’ property, while the Americans from the Midwest and South enjoy those aspects of gaming the least. It makes me wonder about how traditional roles of religion, politics and culture have shaped those dynamics. (Yes, I am currently playing a couple of games which originate in China or N. Korea and consequently have a high number of Chinese and Korean players.)
- House is getting more tedious by the week. This past week they tried to treat a woman for Ankylosing Spondylitis and when that was ruled out they then fumbled around until they got to Sarcoidosis. Genius Dr. House suggested they ‘Treat for Sarcoidosis’. Having been suspected of being afflicted by both of those diseases and therefore researching them thoroughly, I happen to know that the treatment for both diseases is virtually identical. Treating for AS will also treat for Sarcoidosis. And RA. And about 19 other auto-immune diseases. But the show’s writers seem far more interested in speculating about whether or not these various reprehensible and shallow people will have sex with someone they shouldn’t be having sex with. It’s more boring than looking at paint chips in various shades of cream.
- I hate trimming my toenails. It’s gross.
- I think my dog tries on my clothes when I’m not in the room. My mother always told me I should put my clothes away. I think she thought it was just the tidy thing to do. She didn’t realise that my clean shirts would one day be in danger of being an Eskie Plaything.
- Caramel is one of my favourite things to eat. And I have a dream of making the ultimate caramel sauce. But when I look up recipes they are all boring and straightforward. Sugar, butter, cream. You’d think, with as wondermous as Caramel is, that the recipes would be more alchemic than that.