After the fiasco at MCB I vowed privately (although I guess as of now it’s public) to never again close another thread or block another commenter on any blog I ran. I also vowed to only ever run my own blog.
If, like me, you have made a stupid vow to yourself along the same lines, I would encourage you to NOT post about Cl.. A.k.n or J.n & K.te plus * EVER, unless you want a lot of people who have never ever read your blog before to come and fill your comment sections with useless comments.
I say they are useless comments because they say those things that have no purpose that beginning Internet commenters say. Shall we make a list? Yes! Let’s! Lists which mock others can be fun. Ask VH1, who has made an entire business model out of it. (40 Greatest Internet Superstars? Without the Hamster Dance?)
1. If you don’t like it, turn off the TV or change the channel.
2. What about Hitler?
3. And you call yourself a Christian.
4. You obviously don’t know enough about this particular subject which obsesses me to make a judgement call about it so don’t even bother holding an opinion.
5. You have no right to an opinion if it differs from mine.
[Note: numbers 4 and 5 are a sort of amalgam of several different comments]
6. Yeah, you act so smart but you still misspelled that word up there so everything you say is suspect!
7. What about Hitler?
8. Who cares what you say on a stupid blog that nobody reads?
9 If you were half as good as the subject at hand you would be out feeding orphaned kittens and building houses in New Orleans instead of writing something about the subject at hand on a stupid blog.
10. What about Hitler?