For those of you who have joined me (or preceeded me) in watching Friday Night Lights, I have a few questions and comments.
1. Am I the only person who gets a little excited every time a show starts off with the “may not be appropriate for all viewers” warning? I just love knowing that we’re about to get some sex and/or violence.
2. I thought they told Jason Street that it was not safe for him to ejaculate. Was that a temporary thing while he was healing?
3. I actually thought it was sweet for Lyla to bring the video over to Jason’s. She is really serious about meeting him where he’s at.
4. I first wondered upon seeing Episode one if Matt’s last name was some type of ironic in-joke. Now, after this episode with his dad and his dad’s convictions about staying in Iraq I’m almost sure of it. What better name for a soldier in the Middle East than Saracen. It could also have a double reference, referring to Matt’s well-roundedness in football and studies.
5. Yes, nm, I agree with you. Landry is by far the best character. But I am eagerly awaiting the explaination for his insomnia. It was something he was clearly sensitive about in Episode One, yet hasn’t been readdressed.
6. Did the writers of TV shows study any other books besides Of Mice And Men?